When it comes to face painting, both professionals and amateurs can do it. It’s actually something that people and children of all ages can do. While there is clearly a skill in painting intrigue designs you don’t have to be an expert to pull off some of the themes. Here is the top do’s and don’ts that you need to know about face painting in Western Sydney.
• Carefully choose the supplies- Since there are a lot of the so-called paints and makeup in Sydney not all of them are good. While some may have a nontoxic mark, do not fall for it. Not everything with that sign is safe.
• Buy only approved products- Regardless of where you are making your purchases ensure that all of them are FDA approved. These are the only products that are safe to use hence safe to buy.
• Make sure that those whom you’ll be painting do not have any allergies- The common paints and makeups always have ingredients that are structured in a similar way. So, in case, you have makeup at home, the simplest way to try it out is to smear some paint just below the wrist. If it doesn’t break out into a rush then you may proceed with the paint. However, if there is some swelling or redness postpone that.
• After use clean the brushes thoroughly- After you are through with the painting make sure you clean the sponges and brushes thoroughly using soap and warm water. To prevent bacteria from growing on them avoid using alcohol. It’s also a good practice to discard moderately used sponges so as to avoid fungal and bacterial contamination.
• Do not paint a face with even a small pimple- Make sure you only paint a face that’s clear of acne. Remember that the face will have to be cleaned later on. This means rubbing the face may end up causing more soreness. Instead, paint either the arm or any other part of the body that’s blemish free.
• Do not use watercolor makers– Just like acrylics these also contain chemicals that may cause allergic reactions on the skin or even something worse such as respiratory distress.
• Do not use acrylic paint- Since this paint is not meant for the skin to avoid using it.
Well, those are some of the Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to Sydney face painting. If you follow these tips rest assured that you, your children or any other person you are painting will have fun filled activity all the time.